Somatheeram - “The World's First Ayurveda Resort” founded by Mr. Baby Mathew in 1985 with a new idea “Ayurveda Hospital in a Resort Ambience”. Today it is having five deluxe Ayurveda Resorts in Kerala and enchanting Houseboats in the backwaters of Kerala.
Located in Kerala, India, the sunny beach at Somatheeram Ayurveda Hospital with a Resort Ambiance is of course the best place to get some peace and quiet, enjoy the scenery, feel the sea breeze, take a long walk, get a good tan, make sand castles and in general, be happy. But Somatheeram offers much more than merriment.
Through Ayurveda, Somatheeram provides means to shed all worries, anxieties and illnesses. A holistic experience is what Somatheeram aims for with its range of Ayurvedic treatments and therapies. And the expert hands at the hospital make sure of it in every minute detail.
Ayurveda would not be complete without Yoga and meditation. Yoga, which has become quite popular throughout the world as the best way to keep one’s body in tone, actually has a much deeper meaning to it. At Somatheeram the guests get to know and practice it with guidance from Yoga masters. A holiday would not be enjoyable without the proper accommodation and essential amenities. Nobody understands it better than Somatheeram. The luxurious accommodation facilities at Somatheeram are built with a touch of Kerala tradition. Designed to give a wonderful view, every room is equipped with 24 hour room service, laundry facilities, telephone and fax facilities etc. The multi cuisine restaurant at Somatheeram is loaded with a variety of mouth watering dishes. Vegetarian dishes, that too in a wide variety, are made available to those undergoing Ayurveda treatment. And there would not be any lack of entertainment with Somatheeram’s expressly put together cultural performances. Indeed, Somatheeram Ayurveda Hospital with a Resort Amenities is the one place where enjoyment and wellbeing go hand in hand.
Somatheeram is :
- World’s First Ayurveda Hospital with a Resort Ambiance
- National and State award winner
- Winner of many national and international awards for excellence in Ayurvedic Treatments
- Classified Heritage Ayurveda Resort and Green Leaf Classified Ayurveda Hospital
- An eco friendly venture owned and managed by Mr. Baby Mathew
Ayurvedic Hospital and Research Centre at Somatheeram has:
- 20 well- experienced Ayurvedic doctors
- 90 Therapists with special training in administering Ayurvedic treatment
- 30 treatment rooms
- Medicine Manufacturing Unit, Herbal Garden and an Ayurveda Academy
- Established : 1985
- Location : Trivandrum, Kerala, India (9 km south of Kovalam Beach)
- Accommodation : Standard Rooms, Cottages and Kerala Houses (A.C. and non A.C.)
- Climate : Tropical
- Temperature : 20-32º C
- Nearest International Airport : Trivandrum (21 kms)